Wednesday, July 25, 2007

WBC 2007 Tokyo

I will be heading off to Tokyo this Saturday for the 2007 World Barista Championship. It is going to be really exciting to see the competition and not have to worry about a thing :-) A lot of great baristas are going to present some outstanding performances - amongst others the Danish representative; our friend Lene Hyldahl from Behag Din Smag in Aalborg.
Good luck Lene!
Of course this also means my days as the current WBC champion are about to come to an end. "The title is for life" is what I'm told, but at the same time I am happy to look ahead and see TheCoffeeCollective unfold. It has been a great year as 'the champ' but I feel we're at the beginning of something even greater.

1 comment:

J.Dupont said...

Hey Tom Klausen Good luck with The Espressonist in TOKYO, say good luck to Lene from copenhagen roaster

 
'